GE AMX 4 ERROR CODE 439 GENERATOR FAILURE
June 29, 2018 08:40
HELLO, MY AMX 4 IS TURNING UP A 439 ERROR CODE, (GENERATOR FAILURE), BUT WHEN THE ROTOR STARTS SPINING, AND I DEPRESS THE XRAY SWITCH, THE SYSTEMS RESETS IT SELF, AL K1 TROUGH K5 RELAYS ACTUATE ONE TIME .
NO IDEA WHAT IS CAUSING THIS ERROR AND THE RESETTING ON THE MACHINE.
ps: I HAVE NO SERVICE MANUAL FOR THIS MACHINE (WHAT GE OFFERS ON THEIR WEBSITE FOR THE AMX4 IS NO GOOD, (IN TERMS OF TROUBLESHOOTING), DOES ANYONE CAME ACROSS THIS PROBLEM, APRETIATE THE HELP.
to rate and post a comment
re: GE AMX 4 ERROR CODE 439 GENERATOR FAILURE
June 30, 2018 01:39
ERROR 439 - Will Also Cause Lite Films
1. Recalibrate The Generator Only If The Exposure Time Is Longer Than 2 Msec
And The KVP Is Less Than Or Equal To 75% Of Selected KVP
2. Check That K7 Contactor On AMX1A4 Panel Closes (Contacts Welded/Loose Leads/Bad
Coil)/Verify Proper Microswitch (Aux) Closure (Contactor Kit 46-262695P5). A Faulty K7
Might Not Give Any ErrorsâBut You Will Not Be Able To CAL THE CHARGER In The Calibration Mode. â As A Rule, If The Unit Was Manufactured Prior To 6-94, REPLACE The Contactor Assembly (46-262695P5)
3. FIL/KVP Board May Be Defective
4. 1 KHZ Board May Be Defective
5. Loose Connectors On FIL/KVP Or 1KHZ Board
6. Stop/Start SCR Q3 On AMX1A4 Panel May Be Defective
7. If EXP START Is Shaky Or Hi All The Time (It Should Be A Pulse),
Troubleshoot The EXP START CMND Circuit On The 1 KHZ Board
8. Verify That The Tap Relays Contacts Are Coming In Firmly - No External Interference
(Fish-paper Loose/Curled On Inside Side Cover?)
9. Loose Leads On Service Toggle Switch (Not Going To Applications)
10. Bad CPU Board
11. Bad Rotor Board
12. Bad High Voltage Transformer
13. Loose Anode OR Cathode High Voltage Cable-Spread Pins At Both Ends Of Cathode HV
14. P1/P2 Leads Exhibit Leakage To Ground
15. 439 And 462 Errors Together Indicate Battery/Cell Problems
16. 439 And 43E Errors - Replace FIL/KVP And 1KHZ Boards - Check Fil. H/V Cable
17. AMX1A4C5 Leaky To Ground
18. Refer To Item 19. -- 469 ERROR Listing
19. AMX1A4C6 Bad (FIL/KVP Bd. J8 Pins 1 & 2)
20. Soft Batteries/Cells
21. Bad Main SCR(s) Q1 Or Q2
22. Bad AMX1A4R7 (Auto-Transformer)
23. Bad Tap Relay(s) â Check The K6 Tap Relay For Good Normally Closed Contacts
The AMX4+ Series Diagnostics manual says that ERROR 439 is caused by "The X-Ray On status was not asserted within 2 milliseconds after the Exposure start command signal was asserted". The manual says to check EXP START CMND signal of the generator control 1 port on sheet 6 location B7 and X-RAY ON signals of the critical status port on sheet 3 location D8 of the CPU schematic. It follows with the questions:
Does the start command get to the inverter?
Does the safety contactor pull in?
Is high voltage produced ? If so, is the resulting KVP what was selected ?
Do the correct tap relays pull in?
Check the XRAY ON circuitry
That was the whole message from the error 439.
I would check the machine for other errors, besides the 439 error, because this will narrow it down more
(you can look at your error log by putting the AMX4+ into service mode WHILE the unit is still powering up, using the service switch, DIAGNOSTICS PROGRAM -- DIAGNOSIS ITEMS -- password required -- error log, then look at error log histograms and see errors in list that have the most hits)
, and one thing I would try first is getting another handswitch.
I would call RSTI (833.229.7784), and ask for tech support for an AMX4+. They are really good, and can help guide you through the problem. call them early, as you will be more likely to get someone.
July 02, 2018 10:25
I have all manuals for this system if you need it contact me,
February 13, 2020 09:28
plis check firts chargue battery repeat ,battery fail
15,000 service professionals from over 50 different countries have trained in over 35 courses in radiology, mammography, CT, ultrasound, networking, PACS, & DICOM. Classroom & lab facilities to accommodate up to 60 students.