Medical Equip Needs In Leon Nicaragua - 慈善 论坛

Medical Equip. Needs in Leon Nicaragua

(2)

Chuck Passarelli

Medical Equip. Needs in Leon Nicaragua

July 10, 2008 01:00

I recently spent a week in Leon Nicaragua (second trip) working with a multi-member mission team.
One of my purposes was to connect with the community and identify what medical equipment/technology needs they have.
I worked with HEODRA Hospital (340+ bed teaching hospital) and a non-denominational mission called El Ayudante (EA) that is building medical clinics in Leon and Madagalpa.
Leon has well educated, dedicated clinicians but an almost complete lack of technology of any sort. I saw HEODRA's NICU using a hat rack for an IV pole, doctors manually bagging infants due to lack of ventilators and no xray equipment at either the hospital or EA clinics.
I am looking for medical equipment such as xray and mammo machines and film processors, NIBP, pulse ox, HR monitoring, defibs, etc.
Women's health care in particular is almost completely absent.
You name it, they don't have it.
Any assistance you may be able to provide is most welcome and appreciated.

to rate and post a comment

(3)

Jack Ivers

Re: Medical Equip. Needs in Leon Nicaragua

July 31, 2008 01:01

We are seeking to donate a full xray room if you can have it shipped. Our practice is moving and we need to vacate the room by Sept. 1.

(2)

Chuck Passarelli

Re: Medical Equip. Needs in Leon Nicaragua

August 01, 2008 07:55

Hi, Can you give me some details about the room? MFR, Model, capabilities, service manuals, etc. I am concerned about their ability to maintain equipment we install. Thanks, Chuck P.

advertisement