VA to use radiologist assistants in health care facilities

VA to use radiologist assistants in health care facilities

Press releases may be edited for formatting or style | July 11, 2019
In another step toward federal recognition of radiologist assistants, the Department of Veterans Affairs announced it is incorporating RAs into its national system of health care facilities.

RAs who meet the VA’s qualification standards are eligible to work in the VA system. However, the VA has not provided a timeline for when it will start hiring and incorporating RAs into its health care system.

The VA’s recognition of the services that RAs can provide closely follows on the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ policy revision for RA supervision levels in January 2019.

Servicing GE, Philips and Siemens CT equipment with OEM trained engineers

Numed, a well established company in business since 1975 provides a wide range of service options including time & material service, PM only contracts, full service contracts, labor only contracts & system relocation. Call 800 96 Numed for more info.

The Veterans Health Administration is America’s largest integrated health care system, providing care at 1,250 health care facilities and serving 9 million enrolled veterans each year.

An RA is an advanced-level radiographer who performs procedures under the direct supervision of a radiologist. RAs must complete a rigorous academic program that includes a nationally recognized curriculum, a radiologist-directed clinical preceptorship and a certification examination. RAs’ advanced education and training enable them to perform assessments and procedures, but they cannot interpret images or prescribe medications or therapies. RAs allow radiologists to focus on interpretations, thus enhancing patient safety and outcomes.

You Must Be Logged In To Post A Comment