Over 90 Total Lots Up For Auction at One Location - WA 04/08

MVP 80 Error Code 162

Tags: Radiology - R/F, GE

Bernard Fainsztein

MVP 80 Error Code 162

September 29, 2014 12:49

I'm getting error code 162. I had swap the fibreoptics cables and I have replace the cabinet microprocessor board with the same result. Any new ideas?

to rate and post a comment

(317)
(22)
(8)

Joseph Jenkins

re: MVP 80 Error Code 162

September 30, 2014 10:10

Try a new console board. Shine a light down the fiber and ring them out

Bernard Fainsztein

re: re: MVP 80 Error Code 162

October 01, 2014 04:14

Thanks Joseph, I have allready try that.

Lenny Place

September 30, 2014 10:10

CONSOLE REPORTED ERRORS 5, 51 AND 162 ON
MVP THREE–PHASE GENERATORS
from Notes I have. 2 possible issues

Power unit micro processor circuit board part number 46–904604G01,
46–903762Gxx, or 46–903774Gxx
Console reported error codes 5, 51, and 162 indicate that the A to D converter U188
on the micro processor circuit board is failing. Digital Board Repair indicates the
32% of the MVP power cabinet micro processor boards have a failed U188 A to D
converter.
Note: The A to D converter chips failing have a date code of XX90 or older. The
XX is any two digit number representing the fiscal week and the 90 represents
the year of manufacture.
Replace either the defective A to D converter U188, part number 46–250234P88,
or the MVP Power Cabinet micro processor circuit board, part number
46–904604G01 (latest part number) or T3495F (GEMSAM exchange part).

Resolution:

Swapped the CLOOP fiber cable with the clock fiber optic cable and the receive fiber optic cable with the expose fiber optic cable. The errors went away. The FE installed two other fiber optic cables. After these two cables were installed, the unit functioned properly.
In summary, the problem was that the receive and clock fiber optic cables were defective.

Bernard Fainsztein

October 01, 2014 04:14

Lenny, I replaced the Power cabinet micro processor, re-terminate the fiber-optics cables (all of them in both ends) and still having the error code 162 in the console. I notice tha there are two LED DS366 and DS 369 on the micro processor board that they are on. I have another MVP and I have notice that those light are no on.They are located on page 4 8F. For your information this problem appear after I replace the filament board.

Lenny Place

re: re: re: MVP 80 Error Code 162

October 02, 2014 10:24

check CR 160 and 161 on the filament board for a short.

1 person liked this

Bernard Fainsztein

re: re: re: re: MVP 80 Error Code 162

October 03, 2014 10:20

Thanks Lenny, seems that the filament board that I received was bad. But the problem apeared after I replaced the board and start checking the calibration.

Lenny Place

re: re: re: re: re: MVP 80 Error Code 162

October 03, 2014 10:30

You are welcome. It makes it really difficult when repairing a system and you get a bad part in. it has happened to me and then you start wondering if you troubleshot incorrectly. Good Luck

(15)
(1)

nour tal

re: re: re: re: re: re: MVP 80 Error Code 162

May 02, 2015 03:52

Hello Lenny Place.
Thank you for answering. Indeed the wiring of the pressure switch was defeated. However, after corecte fixing the cable in question, the console only now: Ext. Lock that flashes, with possibility to adjust the exposure settings, but does not afford the execution of a radiography. Thank you to want to help me once again to resolve or understand this situation. Sincerely.

(15)
(1)

nour tal

April 21, 2015 04:26

Hello.
I'm new to this board about an activity that interests me. I'm just new to the field of maintenance of medical equipment.
Regarding the coded error 162, I confess to have resolved once by cleaning the ends of fiber optic cables and the deception sheets on plastic cards with a vaporizer designed for décrassement contacts.
As for my current problem, it revolves around a MVP erator 80 which appears on the console: "EXT LOCK WAIT." The documents at my disposal, I find no indication that allows me to start the machine.
Thank you to want to enlighten me.
Cordial greetings.
Bonjour.
Je suis nouveau sur ce forum qui traite d'une activité qui m'interesse. Je suis de même néophyte dans le domaine de la maintenance des équipements médicaux.
Concernant l'erreur codée 162, j'avoue l'avoir résolue une fois en nettoyant les bouts des câbles en fibre optique ainsi que les fiches de deception sur les cartes électroniques avec un vaporisateur conçu pour le décrassement des contacts.
Quant à mon problème actuel, il tourne autour d'un gérateur MVP 80 qui affiche sur la console:"EXT. LOCK WAIT" Sur les documents à ma disposition, je ne trouve aucune indication qui me permette de démarrer la machine.
Merci de vouloir éclairer ma lanterne.
Salutations cordiales.

Lenny Place

April 22, 2015 07:08

check the pressure switch on the tube, if okay check wiring. if I remember correctly this error deals with the system thinking the tube is overheated and I have repaired wiring in the past.

1 person liked this

(15)
(1)

nour tal

April 26, 2015 11:55

Please how to check and wire the pressure switch in my case?
Thank you verry much.

(15)
(1)

nour tal

May 02, 2015 03:52

Hello Lenny Place.
Thank you for answering. Indeed the wiring of the pressure switch was defeated. However, after corecte fixing the cable in question, the console only now: Ext. Lock that flashes, with possibility to adjust the exposure settings, but does not afford the execution of a radiography. Thank you to want to help me once again to resolve or understand this situation. Sincerely.

(15)
(1)

nour tal

April 23, 2015 10:04

Hello.

Thank you to want to communicate to me how to connect the pressure switch (In my case, "black and white cable coming out of the X-ray tube insert mx100") MVP 80 generator with a RCIW or LARC module.
I would just confirm wiring of the stator and the fan towards one or other of the two RCIW and LARC modules. (In my case: cables [white, green, black, red and blue]).

Thank you very much for your valuable assistance.
Cordial greetings.

Bonjour.

Merci de vouloir me communiquer comment raccorder l'interrupteur de pression (Dans mon cas: "câble noir et blanc sortant du tube à rayons X mx100 insert" ) au générateur MVP 80 équipé d'un module TIRC ou LARC.
Je voudrais de même confirmer le câblage du stator et du ventilateur vers l'un ou l'autre des deux modules TIRC et LARC. (Dans mon cas: câbles [blanc, vert, noir, rouge et bleu]).

Je vous remercie vivement pour votre précieuse assistance.
Salutations cordiales.

(15)
(1)

nour tal

April 23, 2015 04:41

Correction: please read TIRC and LARC. Thank you.

(15)
(1)

nour tal

April 23, 2015 10:04

@ Mr Lenny Place.

Hello.

Thank you to want to communicate to me how to connect the pressure switch (In my case, "black and white cable coming out of the X-ray tube insert mx100") MVP 80 generator with a RCIW or LARC module.
I would just confirm wiring of the stator and the fan towards one or other of the two RCIW and LARC modules. (In my case: cables [white, green, black, red and blue]).

Thank you very much for your valuable assistance.
Cordial greetings.

Bonjour.

Merci de vouloir me communiquer comment raccorder l'interrupteur de pression (Dans mon cas: "câble noir et blanc sortant du tube à rayons X mx100 insert" ) au générateur MVP 80 équipé d'un module TIRC ou LARC.
Je voudrais de même confirmer le câblage du stator et du ventilateur vers l'un ou l'autre des deux modules TIRC et LARC. (Dans mon cas: câbles [blanc, vert, noir, rouge et bleu]).

Je vous remercie vivement pour votre précieuse assistance.
Salutations cordiales.

(15)
(1)

nour tal

May 02, 2015 03:53

Hello Lenny Place.

1 person liked this

Lenny Place

May 04, 2015 05:00

do you get rotor or filament with first trigger? if not then check the rotor circuit or filament.

(15)
(1)

nour tal

May 24, 2015 09:59

Hello Lenny Place.
Thank you for your amenity that invigorates me to elucidate the reasons for the malfunction of the machine.
Indeed, the orthopedic doctor who has asked me to install it, let me know that this used machine operating at the time of acquisition. However, it has been two years since she stopped after undergoing transport by ship over a distance of 1,000 kilometers.
Today it is really needed after installation according to the documentation Ge found on the web, I encounter the situation that I described to you.
By turning on the machine, two switches are activated which K3 after a short delay. The red light of TIRC module switches on and off. The indicator lights up the tube, the tube fan is switched on, the filament lights, the rotating anode gets reduced speed movement, the console will wait for 30 seconds then stops displaying "WAIT "then moves to the display of" EXT LOCK THAT BEGINS FLASHER ".
After 5 minutes of operation around the tube begins to heat outside 15 to 20 degrees Celsius. This forces me to stop the machine.
All adjustment controls constants, AEC, etc. the console panel "USI" seem to work properly.
Only exposure or preparation does not want to obey to activate K15 AND K18 (safety contactor and the control or command of the stator).

(15)
(1)

nour tal

May 24, 2015 09:59

Thank you for your amenity that invigorates me to elucidate the reasons for the malfunction of the machine.
Indeed, the orthopedic doctor who has asked me to install it, let me know that this used machine operating at the time of acquisition. However, it has been two years since she stopped after undergoing transport by ship over a distance of 1,000 kilometers.
Today it is really needed after installation according to the documentation Ge found on the web, I encounter the situation that I described to you.
By turning on the machine, two switches are activated which K3 after a short delay. The red light of TIRC module switches on and off. The indicator lights up the tube, the tube fan is switched on, the filament lights, the rotating anode gets reduced speed movement, the console will wait for 30 seconds then stops displaying "WAIT "then moves to the display of" EXT LOCK THAT BEGINS FLASHER ".
After 5 minutes of operation around the tube begins to heat outside 15 to 20 degrees Celsius. This forces me to stop the machine.
All adjustment controls constants, AEC, etc. the console panel "USI" seem to work properly.
Only exposure or preparation does not want to obey to activate K15 AND K18 (safety contactor and the control or command of the stator).

(15)
(1)

nour tal

May 24, 2015 10:07

Hello dear friend Lenny Place.
Today it is really needed after installation according to the documentation Ge found on the web, I encounter the situation that I described here.
Thank you again dear friend Lenny Place

(15)
(1)

nour tal

May 24, 2015 10:07

Hello dear friend Lenny Place
Thank you again dear friend.

Lenny Place

May 26, 2015 10:11

Have you verified your Incoming power and Phases

(15)
(1)

nour tal

re: re: re: re: re: MVP 80 Error Code 162

May 30, 2015 08:07

Hello Sir Lenny Place.

Indeed, on the entry line, the three phases are aligned and all the tensions seem to be correct to within 1%. Obviously, the neutral is not connected. The grounding meets the recommended standards.

Thank you sir.

stats
DOTmed text ad

Your one-stop source for all Pre-Owned Medical Imaging Equipment needs.

Medilab Global provides high-quality pre-owned imaging equipment, parts, and service to the healthcare industry worldwide. Our number 1 position is to provide excellent customer service.. 305-234-0084 | Email: info@medilabglobal.com | Hablamos Español

DOTmed Certified DOTmed 100 stats
advertisement

Upcoming Auction Events

NorthWest Supply
TIMED
Apr 08, 2024 (98 lots)